Do you have any questions that need answering about our accommodation? See our frequently asked questions below, if we haven’t answered one of your questions please feel free to drop us a mail on email@example.com.
- 1. HOW DO I APPLY?
You can click on Apply Now on the website and download the application form, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly staff will send it through to you.
Please complete the form in detail and send back via email, with all the relevant documentation.
- 2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO STAY AT THE RESIDENT STUDENT ACCOMMODATION?
Only students who are registered with The Resdient Holdings PTY Ltd may live in any of our listed accommodation options.
- 3. HOW DO I BOOK A VIEWING?
- 4. WHAT IS THE LENGTH OF LEASE AGREEMENT?
- 5. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MONTHLY RENTAL?
Normal residential use of water, R300.00 pre-paid electricity per student per month, sewerage, security, cleaning, wifi, use of study; computer, chill rooms, use of on-site restaurant and laundry room.
- 6. MAY I CHOOSE A SPECIFIC ROOM?
Rooms will be allocated according to The Resident Holdings PTY Ltd. Allocation Policy but you need to specify if you want a single or sharing room.
Where possible The Resident will accommodate student requests.
- 7. ARE SLEEP OVERS ALLOWED
- 8. HOW DO I KNOW MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
One of our friendly administrators will contact you within 7 days of receipt of your application.
If we have not respond to you within the 7 days please give us a call on 043 722 1862.
- 9. IS THERE PARKING?
Open parking is provided. No booking of specific parking areas for students will be allowed.
- 10. WHAT IF I DECIDE TO CANCEL MY APPLICATION?
Please let us know as soon as possible to enable us to allocate the room to another student.
- 11. DO I HAVE TO VACATE MY ROOM DURING THE HOLIDAYS?
- 12. WHAT ABOUT MEALS?
An on-site Restaurant is available for meals and you are able to cook within the confines of your apartment as there are kitchen facilities available.
- 13. WILL I BE ABLE TO DO MY SHOPPING CLOSE BY?
Yes. There are many shops in and around the area.
- 14. DOES THE STUDENT ACCOMMODATION OFFER TRANSPORT TO CAMPUS?
No, but public transport is readily available in the area and the University of Fort Hare has many bus routes close to our accommodation.
- 15. IS THERE FREE WIFI?
Yes. Please check the terms and conditions of usage in our terms and conditions page.
- 16. WHERE CAN I DO MY LAUNDRY?
Laundry facilities are provided on site.
- 17. WHERE DO I REPORT ANY MAINTENANCE ISSUES?
You may contact our Facilities Manager alternatively a log book at security can be completed with your maintenance entry.
- 18. WILL THERE BE ROOM INSPECTIONS?
- Room inspections are conducted twice a month.
- Any damage found in the room during inspection will be charged to your account.
- Repairs will only be made following your payment.
- On occupation of your room please complete the room occupation inspection list which is issued within 48 hours of receiving your lease agreement.
- 19. WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING
- Animals or pets of any description.
- Liquid or gaseous fuel, noxious or explosive substances or gas, paraffin or gas heater, cookers, candles or other naked flame devices or consumables.
- Weapons or imitation weapons of any form; At The Resident Holdings PTY Ltd we strictly forbid the unlawful use, manufacture, distribution, sale or possession of any illegal drug or narcotic in our residences.